Honesty Quotes For Kids
These honesty quotes for kids can help children learn about truth, integrity, and honor in a straight-forward and fun way.
You’ll find cool quotes from amazing people who understand the power of truth and how it can guide a child’s life.
Their wise words will help kids navigate the sometimes tricky world of honesty, making them a truth-telling champion!
What is honesty?
Famous writer and philosopher John Ruskin once said, “To make your children capable of honesty is the beginning of education.” That’s because honesty, like a sturdy bridge, connects us to others. It lets us build friendships, learn, and grow in a safe and trusting way.
A kid-friendly definition of honesty:
Being honest means telling the truth even when it’s not easy, like admitting you snuck a cookie when no one was looking — even if it gets you in trouble.
It’s also about acting truthfully, like not peeking at another student’s answers when you’re taking an exam in school.
Honesty helps build bridges of trust with friends and family. It makes people feel safe and happy knowing you’re a truthful person.
It’s helpful to remember, even superheroes make mistakes sometimes but the bravest ones always come clean and try to fix things. That’s the true super power of honesty!
Ten honesty quotes for kids to live by
1. Honesty is the best policy.
2. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
3. When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.
4. Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking.
5. If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.
6. It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.
7. Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
Henry David Thoreau
8. The time is always right to do what is right.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
9. Be always sure you’re right, then go ahead.
10. Honesty is often very hard. The truth is often painful. But the freedom it can bring is worth the trying.
Short honesty sayings
11. The truth shall set you free.
The Bible, John 8:31
12. You can’t lie to your soul.
13. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
14. Honesty prospers in every condition of life.
15. Honesty is something you can’t wear out.
16. A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.
Edgar J. Mohn
17. Truth never damages a cause that is just.
18. Honest hearts produce honest actions.
19. The true measure of life is not length, but honesty.
20. When you tell a lie, you steal someone’s right to the truth.
21. You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it.
22. Better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.
Funny honesty quotes
23. Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
24. The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made.
25. There’s one way to find out if a man is honest: ask him; if he says yes, you know he’s crooked.
26. Honesty is the rarest wealth anyone can possess, and yet all the honesty in the world ain’t lawful tender for a loaf of bread.
Inspirational honesty quotes for kids
27. When you know better, you do better.
28. Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.
29. Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
30. Be honest in your life, it creates positive energy, stopping all unfairness through life.
Fathima Bibi Joosab
31. The high road is always respected. Honesty and integrity are always rewarded.
32. We learned about honesty and integrity, that the truth matters, that you don’t take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules and success doesn’t count unless you earn it fair and square.
33. For every good reason there is to lie, there is a better reason to tell the truth.
34. Honesty is the fastest way to prevent a mistake from turning into a failure.
35. It takes strength and courage to admit the truth.
36. When you do something with a lot of honesty, appetite and commitment, the input reflects the output.
A. R. Rahman
37. Just be honest with yourself. That opens the door.
38. Every time I’ve done something that doesn’t feel right, it’s ended up not being right.
39. I think honesty is the most heroic quality one can aspire to.
40. If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don’t have integrity, nothing else matters.
41. Whenever you are about to find fault with someone, ask yourself the following question: What fault of mine most nearly resembles the one I am about to criticize?
42. When you are able to maintain your own highest standards of integrity — regardless of what others may do — you are destined for greatness.
Wise honesty quotes for kids
43. To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.
44. Honesty is the best policy. If I lose mine honor, I lose myself.
45. To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.
46. The greatest truth is honesty, and the greatest falsehood is dishonesty.
47. Telling the truth and making someone cry is better than telling a lie and making someone smile.
48. Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.
49. You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
50. The real things haven’t changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong.
Laura Ingalls Wilder
51. Honesty is the first step to an abundant life.
52. To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice.
Honesty quotes about friendship and love
53. Love is honesty. Love is a mutual respect for one another.
54. An honest answer is the sign of true friendship.
55. We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
Robert Louis Stevenson
56. The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.
57. Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.
58. To conceal anything from those to whom I am attached, is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my heart.
59. Honesty and loyalty are key. If two people can be honest with each other about everything, that’s probably the biggest key to success.
Famous honesty quotes for kids
60. I cannot tell a lie.
61. Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.
62. Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.
63. Honesty first; then courage; then brains — and all are indispensable.
64. Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.
65. Honesty is for the most part less profitable than dishonesty.
66. Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.
67. If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
By Abraham Lincoln
68. No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar.
69. When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad.
70. I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.
71. You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
From famous authors and books
72. Anything is better than lies and deceit!
Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
73. Seldom, very seldom, does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised or a little mistaken.
74. You ask me what forces me to speak? A strange thing; my conscience.
Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
75. There is nothing so strong or safe in an emergency of life as the simple truth.
76. I meant what I said and I said what I meant.
Dr. Seuss, Horton Hatches the Egg
77. Nothing in this world is harder than speaking the truth, nothing easier than flattery.
78. It is not easy to keep silent when silence is a lie.
79. Honest people don’t hide their deeds.
Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
80. A half-truth is a whole lie.
81. One lie ruins a thousand truths.
82. Sooner of later the truth comes to light.
83. One man tells a lie, dozens repeat it as truth.
We hope these honesty quotes for kids have inspired you to live truthfully. For more inspirational quotes, check out the following lists:
By Greg Johnson | Published 2/12/24