These 60 song quotes and sayings will surely inspire singers of all types. Included are insightful words from artists, musicians and celebrities. Read on and let the words be your muse!
Song quotes to leave you singing in the shower
Here are some of the best song quotes and singing sayings we’ve found. Enjoy!
- There’s no half-singing in the shower, you’re either a rock star or an opera diva.
- If I cannot fly, let me sing.
- Without music, life would be a mistake.
- We don’t just sing; we are the song.
- He who sings frightens away his ills.
Miguel de Cervantes
- Singing has always seemed to me the most perfect means of expression.
- The only thing better than singing is more singing.
- To sing is to bring to the surface all the depth of one’s being.
- You don’t tug on Superman’s cape.
Jim Croce – More Singer Songwriters from the 70s
- The greatest respect an artist can pay to music is to give it life.
Celebrity song quotes
- Singing is just a feeling set to music.
- He who sings scares away his woes.
- Singing provides a true sense of lightheartedness. If I sing when I am alone, I feel wonderful. It’s freedom. Andrea Bocelli
- Words make you think. Music makes you feel. A song makes you feel a thought.
- Let us go singing as far as we go: the road will be less tedious.
- Every voice has its own beauty.
Asif Imtious Prome
- Singing is like a celebration of oxygen.
- A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
- Love, I find, is like singing.
Zora Neale Hurston
- Singing is a way of escaping. It’s another world. I’m no longer on earth.
- I love singing. I love it, and it doesn’t feel like a chore. It’s an expression.
- He who sings prays twice.
- A song to me is a very tangible thing. I can feel it with my hands and see it with my eyes.
Inspirational song quotes
- Those who wish to sing always find a song.
- Be like the bird that, passing on her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing that she hath wings.
- A song can be more than words and music … when sung with soul a song carries you to another world, to a place where no matter how much pain you feel, you are never alone.
- You don’t need a reason to sing.
- Sing then the core of dark and absolute oblivion where the soul at last is lost in utter peace.
D. H. Lawrence
- Music heals all forms of misery
- When a singer truly feels and experiences what the music is all about, the words will automatically ring true. Monserrat Caball
- Sweetest the strain when in the song
The singer has been lost.
Elizabeth Stuart Phelps
- There was one emotional outlet my people always had when they had the blues. That was singing.
- Singing is the sound of the soul.
- Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.
- The singer has everything within him. The notes come out from his very life. They are not materials gathered from outside.
Motivational song quotes
- You can cage the singer but not the song.
- A singer… is no more than an actor set to music.
- Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
Henry Van Dyke
- I don’t sing because I’m happy; I’m happy because I sing.
- God sent his Singers upon earth
With songs of sadness and of mirth,
That they might touch the hearts of men,
And bring them back to heaven again.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- O! she will sing the savageness out of a bear.
- Singing, it’s like it’s like loving somebody, it’s a supreme emotional and physical experience.
- God respects me when I work; but God loves me when I sing.
- As long as we live, there is never enough singing.
- The total person sings not just the vocal chords.
- It was his nature to blossom into song, as it is a tree’s to leaf itself in April.
- Singing is a miracle. It has been called the most complex coordinative act that a human being is ever called upon to perform.
Classical music song quotes
- Sing like there’s nobody listening,
And live like it’s heaven on earth.
William Watson Purkey
- Faith and joy are the ascensive forces of song.
Edmund Clarence Stedman
- That music in itself, whose sounds are song,
The poetry of speech.
- Life is a song. Love is the music.
- Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul—and sings the tunes without the words—and never stops at all.
- Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
- Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come.
- Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn’t people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them?
Rose F. Kennedy
- I sing like I feel.
Pop music song quotes
- You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.
- I would rather be remembered by a song than by a victory.
- Such songs have power to quiet
The restless pulse of care,
And come like the benediction
That follows after prayer.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Enjoy your life. No curse hangs over you, nor did it ever. No devil chases after your soul. Sing and dance and be merry.
BONUS: 19 Great Music Quotes
- Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman.
Ludwig van Beethoven
- Without music, life would be a blank to me.
- Eating, loving, singing and digesting are, in truth, the four acts of the comic opera known as life, and they pass like bubbles of a bottle of champagne. Whoever lets them break without having enjoyed them is a complete fool.
- The only truth is music.
- Learning music by reading about it is like making love by mail.
- A painter paints his pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. We provide the music and you provide the silence.
- The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music. They should be taught to love it instead.
Top music quotes
- If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.
- An opera begins long before the curtain goes up and ends long after it has come down. It starts in my imagination, it becomes my life, and it stays part of my life long after I’ve left the opera house.
- If you want to please only the critics, don’t play too loud, too soft, too fast and too slow.
- Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.
- Inspiration is an awakening, a quickening of all man’s faculties, and it is manifested in all high artistic achievements.
Classical music quotes
- Music… can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable.
- There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
- If children are not introduced to music at an early age, I believe something fundamental is actually being taken away from them.
- Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.
- A singer starts by having his instrument as a gift from God . . . when you have been given something in a moment of grace, it is sacrilegeous to be greedy.
- Music is like a dream. One that I cannot hear.
Ludwig van Beethoven
- Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.
We hope you have found inspiration in these music, singing and song quotes. Be sure to check out these other interesting music lists.