Coffee Quotes, Sayings, Captions
These coffee quotes are just what you need to start the day. Pour a fresh cup, relax, and enjoy the insight and humor contained in these famous lines. They are sure to bring a smile to the face of any coffee lover and aficionado.
Freshly-brewed coffee quotes just for you!
Let’s start off with ten of our favorite coffee quotes.
Top 10 best coffee quotes
1.) Coffee smells like freshly ground heaven.
Jessi Lane Adams
2.) No one can understand the truth until he drinks of coffee’s frothy goodness.
3.) Never underestimate the power of a good cup of coffee.
4.) I’d rather take coffee than compliments just now.
Louisa May Alcott, from “Little Women“
5.) May your coffee be strong and your Monday be short.
6.) Even bad coffee is better than no coffee at all.
7.) I do not question anyone anymore. I drink coffee and I live.
Tahar Ben Jelloun
8.) Without my morning coffee, I’m just like a dried–up piece of goat.
Johann Sebastian Bach
9.) If it wasn’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.
10.) I need a coffee to go with my coffee.
Funny coffee sayings
1.) I put instant coffee in a microwave oven and almost went back in time.
2.) If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
3.) Good coffee is cheaper than Prozac!
4.) When I wake up in the morning, I just can’t get started until I’ve had that first, piping hot pot of coffee. Oh, I’ve tried other enemas…
5.) I like my coffee like I like my women. In a plastic cup.
6.) Almost all my middle-aged and elderly acquaintances, including me, feel about 25, unless we haven’t had our coffee, in which case we feel 107.
7.) You should know that before 10 am, no matter what the question is, my answer is always coffee.
Check out Best Milk Quotes
Witty coffee quotes
8.) May your coffee kick in before reality does.
9.) Do Lipton employees take coffee breaks?
10.) I never said I liked coffee better than sex. I said I’d had it more.
11.) A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
12.) I like my coffee like I like myself: strong, sweet, and too hot for you.
13.) I like my coffee with cream and my literature with optimism.
14.) Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee.
15.) When life gives you lemons, trade them for coffee.
16.) If you are not coffee, chocolate or bacon, I’m going to need you to go away.
17.) I don’t really like coffee, she said, but I don’t really like it when my head hits my desk when I fall asleep either.
18.) Forever: Time it takes to brew the first pot of coffee in the morning.
19.) No matter what historians claimed, BC really stood for “Before Coffee.”
20.) Iced coffee might be cold, but it was made in heaven.
Anthony T. Hincks
21.) There were some problems only coffee and ice cream could fix.
Quirky coffee quotes
22.) Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?
23.) Why did the hipster burn his tongue? Because he drank his coffee before it was cool.
24.) It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity.
25.) I think if I were a woman I’d wear coffee as a perfume.
John Van Druten
26.) Coffee in England is just toasted milk.
27.) Never drink black coffee at lunch; it will keep you awake all afternoon.
28.) I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might be awake.
29.) Do you know how helpless you feel if you have a full cup of coffee in your hand and you start to sneeze?
Sassy coffee lines
30.) Caffeine—it maintains my sunny personality.
31.) People don’t seem as annoying when I’ve got coffee.
32.) Decaf coffee only works if you throw it at people.
33.) Even a bad cup of coffee is better than no coffee at all.
34.) Why, yes, I could start my day without coffee. But I like being able to remember things like how to say words and put on pants.
Start your day with coffee quotes
1.) Ah coffee. The sweet balm by which we shall accomplish today’s tasks.
2.) Isn’t the smell of coffee the best alarm clock?
3.) Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with.
4.) Coffee. Creative lighter fluid.
5.) A morning coffee is my favorite way of starting the day, settling the nerves so that they don’t later fray.
6.) It’s amazing how the world begins to change through the eyes of a cup of coffee.
Donna A. Favors
7.) I believe humans get a lot done, not because we’re smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee.
8.) I love my Saturday coffee the way I used to love Saturday morning cartoons.
Caffeine / energy quotes
9.) Never underestimate the importance of being properly caffeinated.
10.) Decaffeinated coffee is like a hairless cat, it exists, but that doesn’t make it right.
11.) Till such time that there are strong men in this world, a woman would prefer strong coffee!
12.) I don’t know where my ideas come from. I will admit, however, that one key ingredient is caffeine—I get a couple cups of coffee into me and weird things just start to happen.
13.) Decaffeinated coffee is kind of like kissing your sister.
14.) Decaf? No, it’s dangerous to dilute my caffeine intake.
15.) I sipped my own coffee, heavy on the sugar and cream, trying to make up for the late work the night before. Caffeine and sugar, the two basic food groups.
Laurell K. Hamilton
16.) Coffee is a beverage that puts one to sleep when not drank.
17.) I was taken by the power that savoring a simple cup of coffee can have to connect people and create community.
18.) Coffee is a lot more than just a drink; it’s something happening. Not as in hip, but like an event, a place to be, but not like a location, but like somewhere within yourself. It gives you time, but not actual hours or minutes, but a chance to be, like be yourself, and have a second cup.
19.) The powers of a man’s mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks.
Sir James Mackintosh
20.) Coffee is a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to your older self.
21.) With enough coffee, nothing is impossible.
22.) We want to do a lot of stuff; we’re not in great shape. We didn’t get a good night’s sleep. We’re a little depressed. Coffee solves all these problems in one delightful little cup.
23.) I orchestrate my mornings to the tune of coffee.
24.) Sure some medical experts say coffee could be a health hazard, but they obviously never built a web site before!
25.) The fact is, I don’t know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn’t collapse when you beat your head against it.
26.) People say money can’t buy happiness. They lie. Money buys coffee, coffee makes me happy!
27.) Coffee is the common man’s gold, and like gold, it brings to every person the feeling of luxury and nobility.
28.) For everything bad, there’s a million really exciting things, whether it’s someone puts out a really great book, there’s a new movie, there’s a new detective, the sky is unbelievably golden, or you have the best cup of coffee you ever had in your life.
29.) It doesn’t matter where you’re from—or how you feel… There’s always peace in a strong cup of coffee.
30.) What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee?
Coffee and life quotes
1.) Adventure in life is good; consistency in coffee even better.
Justina Chen Headley
2.) Live life today like there is no coffee tomorrow.
3.) Life is like coffee, the darker it gets, the more it energizes.
4.) After all, coffee is bitter, a flavor from the forbidden and dangerous realm.
5.) Science may never come up with a better office communication system than the coffee break.
6.) Like all good things in life, the drinking of coffee may be abused.
William Harrison Ukers
7.) The Lord must have created coffee to reward humans for those bad times they sometimes have on Earth. Having charged your heart and brain with a cup of coffee, you’re ready to face the challenges of life. A good cup of coffee makes life seem better.
8.) There is no life without water. Because water is needed to make coffee.
9.) Our culture runs on coffee and gasoline, the first often tasting like the second.
Life without coffee quotes
10.) I don’t know how people live without coffee, I really don’t.
11.) Sometimes I go hours without drinking coffee…it’s called sleeping.
12.) Without coffee, nothing gets written. Period.
13.) A bad day with coffee is better than a good day without it.
14.) Life without coffee is like something without something…sorry, I haven’t had any coffee yet.
15.) I don’t have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without it.
16.) Seven days without coffee makes one weak.
17.) “Police work wouldn’t be possible without coffee,” Wallander said.
“No work would be possible without coffee.”
They pondered the importance of coffee in silence.”
Henning Mankell, from “One Step Behind“
18.) The most dangerous drinking game is seeing how long I can go without coffee.
Coffee love quotes
19.) I like coffee exceedingly…
20.) Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love.
Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord
21.) I love coffee. I sometimes get excited at night thinking of the coffee I’ll get to drink in the morning. Coffee is reason to wake up. There are other reasons, of course. But coffee is the incentive, at the very least.
22.) Follow your heart but take coffee with you.
23.) I have a strong theory that you can tell a lot about someone by their coffee order.
Emmie Lee Dean
24.) From the first cup of coffee in the morning to playing in the sheets at night, I choose you to be by my side.
25.) Friends bring happiness into your life. Best friends bring coffee.
26.) A cup of gourmet coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.
27.) Coffee connects us in so many ways — to each other, to our senses, and to the earth that supports the coffee trees.
28.) Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after.
Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Famous coffee quotes
1.) Humanity runs on coffee.
2.) Coffee, the favorite drink of the civilized world.
3.) Coffee makes us severe, and grave, and philosophical.
4.) The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it which the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce.
Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
5.) It’s just like when you’ve got some coffee that’s too black, which means it’s too strong. What do you do? You integrate it with cream, you make it weak. But if you pour too much cream in it, you won’t even know you ever had coffee. It used to be hot, it becomes cool, it used to be strong, it becomes weak, it used to wake you up, now it puts you to sleep.
6.) To an old man a cup of coffee is like the door post of an old house — it sustains and strengthens him.
Old Bourbon Proverb
7.) Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and sweet as love.
8.) The first cup is for the guest, the second for enjoyment, the third for the sword.
9.) Black as night, sweet as sin.
10.) Coffee first. Schemes later.
Leanna Renee Hieber
11.) Coffee is a kind of magic you can drink.
Catherynne M. Valente
12.) Never trust anyone who doesn’t drink coffee.
13.) Life happens, coffee helps.
14.) Coffee is liquid cigarette.
Coffee quotes from authors and literature
15.) I have measured out my life with coffee spoons.
16.) I just want a hot cup of coffee, black, and I don’t want to hear about your troubles.
17.) As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be?
Cassandra Clare, from “City of Ashes“
18.) His smile was like a Dylan album and a cup of coffee on a sunny afternoon
Jen Archer Wood, from “Point Pleasant“
19.) “What do you want?”
“Just coffee. Black, like my soul.”
Cassandra Clare, from “City of Bones“
20.) “I have only two wishes,” said Jean. “The first is for strong coffee, and the second is for stronger coffee.”
Scott Lynch, from “The Republic of Thieves“
21.) The fresh smell of coffee soon wafted through the apartment, the smell that separates night from day.
Haruki Murakami, from “Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage“
22.) “Want coffee?” I asked, as I headed that way.
“It’s three thirty in the morning.”
“Okay. Want coffee?”
Darynda Jones, from “Third Grave Dead Ahead“
23.) Come on, don’t you ever stop and smell the coffee?
Justina Chen Headley, from “North of Beautiful“
Celebrity coffee quotes
24.) To me, the smell of fresh-made coffee is one of the greatest inventions.
25.) I wake up some mornings and sit and have my coffee and look out at my beautiful garden, and I go, ‘Remember how good this is. Because you can lose it.
26.) I gave up coffee. It’s almost worse than giving up a lover.
27.) Once you wake up and smell the coffee, it’s hard to go back to sleep.
28.) There are three intolerable things in life—cold coffee, lukewarm champagne, and overexcited women…
29.) Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
30.) I quit coffee. It won’t be easy drinking my Bailey’s straight but I’ll get used to it. It’ll still be the best part of waking up.
31.) I never laugh until I’ve had my coffee.
32.) Coffee is a language in itself.
33.) I judge a restaurant by the bread and by the coffee.
34.) Smell the roses. Smell the coffee. Whatever it is that makes you happy.
35.) What goes best with a cup of coffee? Another cup.
36.) A 41-inch bust and a lot of perseverance will get you more than a cup of coffee – a lot more.
From TV & Movies
37.) You did it! Congratulations! World’s best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It’s great to be here.
Will Ferrell as Buddy in “Elf“
38.) I can’t stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking the coffee, I stop doing the standing, and the walking, and the words-putting-into-sentences doing.
39.) The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, et cetera. So people who don’t know what the hell they’re doing, or who on earth they are, can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino.
Tom Hanks in “You’ve Got Mail”
40.) Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don’t plan it. Don’t wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men’s store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
Kyle MacLachlan as Dale Cooper in “Twin Peaks“
Coffee captions for social media, Instagram
Use these short captions and one-liners to spice up your posts on Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit, Tumblr, Facebook, and Twitter.
Start your day captions
- Guess what? It’s coffee o’clock!
- Coffee is my most important meal of the day.
- Here’s to motivation and inspiration!
- Life begins after coffee.
- The road to success is paved in coffee.
- Coffee first. Then work.
- Wake up and smell the coffee.
- Fueled by coffee.
- Just one more cup before I hit the road.
- Coffee first, then adulting.
- The first sip always touches the soul.
- Rise and grind!
- Yes, but first coffee.
- Make some coffee and seize the day!
- Behind every successful person is a significant amount of coffee.
- Work begins when the coffee does.
- I’ve had my coffee, you may speak.
- Live now, sleep later.
- Hocus pocus! I need coffee to focus!
- Coffee-powered machine.
- The power of the human mind is directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee consumed.
- A day without coffee is like… just kidding. I have no idea.
- Coffee before talkie.
- I never smile or laugh. Well, not until I’ve had my first coffee of the day.
- I didn’t ask for pep talk. What I want is a frigging cup of coffee!
Funny coffee captions
- I like big cups of coffee and I cannot lie.
- I’m holding a cup of coffee, so yeah, I’m pretty busy.
- My coffee needs coffee.
- Hello, this is my mug shot.
- I could give up coffee but I’m not a quitter.
- My favorite kind of coffee is more.
- I didn’t choose the mug life, the mug life chose me.
- Coffee makes me feel less murdery.
- Today’s good mood is sponsored by coffee.
- My blood type is coffee.
- Because crack isn’t accepted in the workplace.
- High on pot.
- Every once in a while, I go hours without drinking coffee. It’s called sleeping.
- My birthstone is a coffee bean.
- Just like my coffee, I’m strong, rich, and too hot for you!
- Cappuccino? More like Cappucci-yes!
- Why do I drink coffee in the morning? Because it’s too early for wine.
- Just so you know, this is my resting coffee face.
- Don’t tell anyone, but my favorite co-worker is the coffee machine.
- Coffee will always be the answer. The question is irrelevant.
- Before coffee, I’m a hot mess. After coffee? I’m a wide-awake hot mess!
- Pot head.
- I prefer it black, just like my soul.
- Just add coffee and I’ll be what everyone calls an instant human.
- Life is too short to drink bad coffee.
- Because, coffee.
- Momma needs coffee.
- I came, I ordered a latte, I conquered.
- How far behind would technology be if no one ever discovered coffee?
- I have OCD: obsessive coffee disorder.
- Coffee, books, and rain.
- Life is good after coffee.
- Given enough coffee, I could conquer the world and make everything mine.
- Mysterious, charismatic, and dark.
- Today’s forecast? 100% chance of coffee!
- Another day, another cup of coffee.
- Let’s stir up some trouble!
- Coffee or Die.
- Iced, iced coffee, baby.
- Just sip it.
- Coffee is a hug in a mug.
- Today’s good mood is sponsored by coffee.
- Coffee with a friend is like capturing happiness in a cup.
- A coffee a day keeps the grumpy away.
- Coffee always sounds like a brilliant idea.
- Take life one sip at a time.
- Drink coffee and pretend to know what you’re doing.
- Coffee! Because anger management is too expensive.
- Life happens. Coffee helps.
- Coffee, also known as, survival juice.
- Smells like freshly ground heaven.
- Cheers to my cup of sanity!
- A comfy sofa, a good book, and a warm cup of coffee—everything I need is here!
- A bad day with coffee is way better than a good day without it.
- This is unquestionably a human necessity.
- A morning without coffee is like…you know…sleep.
- Happiness is a cup of coffee.
- I run on coffee, sarcasm, and lipstick.
- Stressed, blessed, and coffee obsessed.
- You mocha me very happy.
- Must be deja brew.
- So frustrated! I need to venti.
- You are so brew-tiful.
- Better latte than never!
- This is how we brew it.
- I’ve bean thinking about you a latte.
- Sip sip, hooray!
- Everything I brew, I brew for you.
- Mugs and kisses.
- I can’t espresso how much you bean to me.
- Don’t worry, be frappé.
- I love you a latte!
- Bean there, done that.
- It’s a brew-tiful day.
- Be fa-brew-lous!
- You can brew it!
- Sending you a whole latte love.
- Sorry, I’m latte.
- You keep me grounded.
Coffee love captions
- Forget love, fall in coffee.
- Love is in the air, and it smells a lot like coffee.
- I dream of world that runs on love, laughter, and coffee.
- Dear coffee, I dreamt of you last night.
- The favorite drink of the civilized world is coffee.
- I wonder if coffee thinks about me too.
- Coffee owns me, and I’m fine with that.
- More love and coffee, please.
- Love at first sip.
- What’s the similarity between coffee and love? They are always best served hot!
- All I really want is someone who will look at me the same way I look at my coffee.
- As a matter fact, coffee and love have the same taste—bittersweet!
- Hello darkness, my old friend.
- Where have you bean all my life?
- Unless you’re a tall, dark, and rich cup of coffee, I’m not interested.
- Black as night, rich as heaven, sweet as sin.
- You bring me coffee, me love you.
- Friends are better than coffee. But only by a tiny margin.
- Follow your heart, but take a cup of coffee with you.
- This is the hot friend of mine that I keep telling you about.
- For me, the most beautiful person in the world is my coffee machine.
- Coffee! Is the planet shaking or is just me?
- Caffeine is the other Vitamin C.
- I don’t have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without it.
- Did I run out of caffeine or are you really that boring?
- Caffeine is the foundation of the food pyramid.
- Maybe she’s born with it. Maybe it’s caffeine.
- The truth becomes clearer once you look at it with a caffeinated spirit.
- Caffeine and sugar are definitely the two most basic food groups.
- Wanna hear a joke? Decaf.
- Espresso yourself!
- Either you choose your espresso, or you let espresso choose you.
- More espresso, less depresso.
- I’ll give it my best shot.
- An espresso in one hand, confidence in the other.
- Hit me with your best espresso shot.
- Espresso yourself.
- May everyone’s espresso shots kick in before reality does.
- Espresso now, compliments later.
- Espresso helps me to do trivial things with greater efficiency.
- I can’t espresso how much you bean to me.
How to use these coffee quotes, sayings, and captions
These quotes and sayings can be used in many creative ways. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Coffee shops and cafés: enhance the customer experience at your business with unique messages printed on signage or chalkboards.
- Unique gift idea: use these lines to create your own t-shirts or mugs to give as gifts.
- Social media posts: stand out on Instagram or other sites with a clever post about a rainy day, Christmas, or quarantine.
- Reach out: Send a message to cheer up a friend and fellow coffee lover. Couples can share these quotes in love / romantic notes for him or her.
- Or just express to the world how you can’t live without coffee!
However you choose to use them, these quotes are sure to help you wake up, say good morning, and greet the day with a smile! (Even if it is a Monday.)
Thanks for reading these coffee quotes, sayings, and captions. You may also enjoy these quote pages: