Best Short Positive Quotes & Sayings
When you need a little boost of inspiration, check out this collection of quotations to lift your spirits.
Looking for short positive quotes for business, life and relationships? We’ve put together a list of some of the best quotations to motivate and inspire you. Take a few minutes to read all of the short uplifting quotes and try to both understand its meaning and apply the lesson to your own life. Think, reflect and act.
Short positive quotes to inspire and motivate
As William Shakespeare once wrote, “Brevity is the soul of wit.” In that spirit, we present these short positive quotations:
Menu – Jump to Any Section on This Page
- Uplifting quotes
- Motivational quotes
- Inspirational quotes about life
- Aspirational quotes and sayings
- Short meaningful sayings
- Bonus: more quotes
- Best quotations for motivation and achievement
- More positive sayings to live by
- Maya Angelou
- Oprah Winfrey
- Abraham Lincoln
- Mister Rogers
- Winnie the Pooh
- Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.
- What we think, we become.
- The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself.
- Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there.
- The merit of all things lies in their difficulty.
- Mistakes are part of the dues that one pays for a full life.
- There is no substitute for hard work.
- Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
- Have enough courage to start and enough heart to finish.
Jessica N. S. Yourko
- Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.
John W. Gardner
- Knowing what must be done does away with fear.
- Together we can face any challenges as deep as the ocean and as high as the sky.
- Every moment is a fresh beginning.
- Vulnerability sounds like truth and looks like courage.
- Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly.
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
Robert Louis Stevenson
Reflect on Each Quotation
As you read through each insight on this page, please take some extra time to think about what message the author is trying to communicate. You may choose to review only a handful of quotes at a time to think about and analyze the meaning behind the words. Or you may decide to read through all of the offerings and identify the quotations that you find deeply meaningful. Perhaps one really hits home. It resonates.
Whichever path you pursue, don’t hesitate to come back to this page of short positive quotes over time for additional inspiration.
Short motivational quotes
- To thine own self be true.
- Life is the flower for which love is the honey.
- Whatever you feel, you become. It is your responsibility.
- Change the world by being yourself.
- Always go too far, because that’s where you’ll find the truth.
- The art of living well and the art of dying well are one.
- Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
- The flower doesn’t dream of the bee. It blossoms and the bee comes.
- Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.
- The man on top of the mountain did not fall there.
- It’s never too late to be who you might have been.
- When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.
- Rest in reason; move in passion.
- There is no man living that can not do more than he thinks he can.
- Believe in the you who believes in yourself.
- Change the way you look at things and the things you look at will change.
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Short inspirational quotes about life
- Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.
- May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.
- If you want to change the world, first change your heart.
- A happy soul is the best shield for a cruel world.
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- There’s a rebel lying deep in my soul.
- If you’re not willing to be a fool, then you can’t be a master.
- Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.
- The fears we don’t face become our limits.
- The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
- As long as I am breathing, in my eyes, I am just beginning.
- You can tell a pioneer by the arrows in his back.
- If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.
- Be – don’t try to become.
- Not being heard is no reason for silence.
- If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it.
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.
Charles R. Swindoll
- Everything you can imagine is real.
- Life does not owe you anything because life has already given you everything.
Aspirational short quotes and sayings
- Have patience with all things but first of all with yourself.
Saint Francis de Sales
- Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.
- Don’t be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.
- All limitations are self-imposed.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.
- Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
- Tough times never last but tough people do.
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.
- Courage is knowing what not to fear.
- Nothing has more strength than dire necessity.
- The wind howls, but the mountain remains still.
- I want you to be everything that’s you, deep at the center of your being.
- Whatever you are, be a good one.
- When love is deep, much can be accomplished.
- What it lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not to do.
- Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Short meaningful sayings
- Life begins where fear ends.
- There is nothing deep down inside us except what we have put there ourselves.
- Believe deep down in your heart that you’re destined to do great things.
- We all have a dinosaur deep within us just trying to get out.
- Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
- Without deep reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people.
- Leave no stone unturned.
- Don’t handicap your children by making their lives easy.
Robert A. Heinlein
- Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why.
- Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.
- I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
- Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
BONUS! Even more short positive quotes and achievement sayings
- As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.
- Life is short. Live passionately.
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
Neale Donald Walsch
- Only the truth of who you are, if realized, will set you free.
- The best fighter is never angry.
- It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
- Live for yourself.
- A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.
- Don’t wait for miracles, your whole life is a miracle.
- Whatever purifies you is the right path.
- Dare to err and to dream. Deep meaning often lies in childish plays.
- Aspire to inspire before we expire.
- Men must live and create. Live to the point of tears.
- Leap and the net will appear.
- The world is its own magic.
- The darker the night, the brighter the stars.
- Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
- We suffer more often in imagination than in reality.
- All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
The best short quotes for motivation and achievement
- It’s better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.
- Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
- I don’t want to earn my living; I want to live.
- Awareness is the greatest agent for change.
- Turn your wounds into wisdom.
- If it doesn’t open, it’s not your door.
- Being good is easy, what is difficult is being just.
- No snowflake ever falls in the wrong place.
- All that you are seeking is also seeking you.
- Just do your best and to hell the rest.
- The fullness of life is only accessible in the present moment.
- To define is to limit.
- Life is in ourselves and not in the external.
- Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain.
- My best friend is the one who brings out the best of me.
- I rebel; therefore I exist.
- Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.
- Arm yourself, my heart: the thing that you must do is fearful, yet inevitable.
- Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.
- Let the gentle bush dig its root deep and spread upward to split one boulder.
More short positive sayings to live by
- To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.
- To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.
- Do or do not, there is no try.
- The obstacle is the path.
- A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Note: If you have any short positive quotes you’d like to recommend, please use our contact us page. Thanks.
- Success is an iceberg.
- Sometimes you have to shut your eyes, so you can see the real beauty.
- What consumes your mind controls your life.
- Challenge yourself, jump off the deep end and learn to swim.
- Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.
- You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.
Maya Angelou quotations
- You can only become truly accomplished at something you love.
- Determine to live life with flair and laughter.
- Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.
- Nothing will work unless you do.
- You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
- If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded.
- All great achievements require time.
- Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
- If you’re always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be.
- Life loves the liver of it.
- If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities.
- A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim.
- Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.
Oprah Winfrey sayings
- You can have it all. Just not all at once.
- Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.
- The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.
- Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity.
- It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you – always.
- You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.
- With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice.
- Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher.
- Turn your wounds into wisdom.
- The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be.
- Opportunity may knock only once but temptation leans on the door bell.
- You don’t become what you want, you become what you believe.
- The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
- So go ahead. Fall down. The world looks different from the ground.
Abraham Lincoln positive sayings
- I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.
- I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
- That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.
- Every man’s responsibility is his own responsibility.
- The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.
- When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
- Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
- In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years.
- The best way to predict the future is to create it.
- Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.
- My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.
- You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.
- Whatever you are, be a good one.
Tip: These short positive quotes make great photo captions or email closers.
Mister Rogers short positive quotes
(also known as Mr. Rogers or just Fred Rogers)
- How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us.
- Nobody else can live the life you live.
- It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love.
- The world needs a sense of worth, and it will achieve it only by its people feeling that they are worthwhile.
- There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.
- There is no normal life that is free of pain. It’s the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.
- One of the greatest dignities of humankind is that each successive generation is invested in the welfare of each new generation.
- It always helps to have people we love beside us when we have to do difficult things in life.
- In a way, you’ve already won in this world because you’re the only one who can be you.
- I think of discipline as the continual everyday process of helping a child learn self-discipline.
- Peace means far more than the opposite of war.
- Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.
- Solitude is different from loneliness, and it doesn’t have to be a lonely kind of thing.
- Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people.
Winnie the Pooh wisdom
- You’re braver than you believe and stronger and smarter than you think.
- Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.
- People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
- How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
- ‘We’ll be Friends Forever, won’t we, Pooh?’ asked Piglet.
‘Even longer,’ Pooh answered.
- I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.
- If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.
You’ve been reading Short Positive Quotes & Inspirational Sayings.